There are many of you who are single orsingle again and abstinence is not even a consideration. Our sexual decisions should not be based on an age but on what we know. I hope that by learning the truth about potential dangers, you will not be closed minded but will be open to making abstinence an option even for you.
Did You Know:
- 86% of college students have had sexual intercourse during their lifetime. 51
- Unplanned pregnancies are most common in the age group of 20-29. 52
- Of the 18.9 million new cases of STIs each year, 9.1 million (48%) occur among 15–24-year-olds.
- Although 15–24-year-olds represent only one-quarter of the sexually active population, they account for nearly half of all new STIs each year. 53
Singles' Survival Guide:
- Understand YOUR risks.
- Require a commitment .
- Evaluate your reasons for sexual activity.
- Unhealthy past relationships
- Defense mechanism
- Unhealthy self-image
- Co-dependence on others
- Sexual abuse
- Set appropriate physical boundaries.
- Don’t fall into the “Not Me” Trap.
- Anticipate sexual activity instead of it simply being expected.
- Identify potential abusive relationships here.
Please visit our college site associated with Collin College at www.realoptionsoncampus.com.