Who We Are
180 Degrees is a sexual risk avoidance program designed to help teenagers recognize the consequences of premarital sex, the beauty of a healthy marriage relationships, and turn their thinking about sex around a whole 180 degrees.
The 180 Degrees Program includes presentations with topics such as: setting appropriate physical boundaries, using refusal skills, staggering STD and pregnancy statistics, recognizing unhealthy relationships and the anticipated satisfaction of sexual intimacy inside a marriage relationship. This is NOT your typical sex education class…these are interactive discussions that allow students and parents to engage in honest discussion about critical issues!
180 Degrees Mission Statement:
The mission of the 180 Degrees program is to encourage young people to adopt a lifestyle of sexual integrity.
- “Encourage” – to inspire with courage, spirit, personal example and confidence
- “Young people” – ranging from middle school through college age students
- “Adopt” – actionable, observable change in behavior; make part of their lives
- "Lifestyle” – this includes any/all decisions, thought patterns, behaviors, and beliefs
- “Sexual integrity” – defined as sexual abstinence until marriage and healthy emotional, physical and spiritual choices within relationships
Targeted educational programs:
- Special Interest Groups
- Civic Organizations
- Charter and Alternative Schools
- Juvenile Detention Centers
- Church Youth Groups
- Purity Retreats